Nest Top Cleaning Tricks and Hacks
TOP CLEANING TIPS AND TRICKS FOR YOUR HOME
NEST CLEANING TIPS & TRICKS FOR ANY HOME
Cleaning is a never-ending cycle of dusting, tidying, vacuuming, mopping and scrubbing which is something we love to do but not everyone is as enthusiastic as we are about cleaning homes! We thought we would put together a list of a few tips and tricks that we use in our Regular Cleaning!
CLEANING TOOLS WE KEEP ON HAND ARE:
- Stainless Steel Cleaning Bowl
- Feather Duster
- Scrubbing Brush
- Scourer (double sided with sponge on opposite side)
- Micro fiber Cloths
- White Wall Eraser
- Vacuum, Mop & Bucket (with inter changeable cleaning heads)
CLEANING PRODUCTS WE LOVE:
- A Bottle of White Vinegar (this is always in our cleaning kit)
- Bi-Carb Soda (another popular item for some DIY mixing and making)
- Tea Tree, Lemon, Oil of Clove or Lavender Oil
- Earth Choice – dishwashing liquid, bathroom and multi-purpose spray
- Bleach (we know this is very toxic however it is the only product that will get rid of the look of black mould and is only every used if nothing else works)
- Stainless steel spray and OR Earth Choice Furniture Spray (also great to use on stainless steel)
This may look like a lot of stuff however it lasts and lasts for months even when using them weekly for your Regular House Clean!
NEST CLEANING TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Keep your Bathroom Mould and Mildew free by not only giving it a Regular Weekly Scrubbing but by keeping a small hand held squeegee in the shower (you can purchase these from Kmart). After each uses you can use the squeegee to remove excess water that would otherwise be sitting in your shower. This allows it to dry quickly and stops build up of scum, mould and mildew.
- Do you have a Cesar stone bench that is looking a bit grubby? No mater how many times you spray and wipe them down you can’t seem to remove those now engrained marks? Try Gumption! (NOTE: please patch test on a small area first & not to be used too often as it is abrasive) Using a soft/damp microfibre cloth and some gumption, clean each section of your bench then wipe and buff with another clean cloth to remove residue. You wont believe the difference!!
- Do you have a black sink or taps that have white marks all over them from hard water? Remove build up on your black sink with a simple trick, white vinegar and dishwashing liquid. Using a stainless steel bowl pour in a cup or 2 of white vinegar and a squirt of dish washing liquid. With a sponge spread the mixture all over your balcony sink or taps and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Remove by watering it down and cleaning it dry. If the marks are still there repeatedly the process.
- When was the last time you cleaned your computer keyboard? These can get grimy pretty quickly so the best way to freshen this up is is by dipping a toothbrush in half a bowl of vinegar and water solution – NOT TOO WET! Wipe off any excess so its nice and dry.
- Are your kitchen or bathroom sinks a bit smelly? Try pouring a capful of Eucalyptus and allowing it to sit. Now you have a fresh, clean sink!
- Are your Range Hood filters needing a clean? Easy, simply pop them into an empty dishwasher and it will clean them for you!
- Not sure how to get a streak free mirror or windows? Try half mentholated spirits and half water in a spray bottle. This will leave your glass gleaming.
- Run out of stainless steel cleaner for the front of the fridge? No problem try a little bit of olive oil or furniture spray on a microfibre cloth and polish into stainless steel. Be sure to remove any residue once done.
- Are the fronts of your kitchen cupboards smeary but clean? Remove the smears with a window cleaner!
- Is your oven dirty but your not keen on using the supermarket oven cleaner? No worries mix bi carb soda, vinegar, lemon juice and a bit of liquid detergent in a bowl and scrub. Allow to sit and re do if needed. Wipe off any residue and buff clean with a microfibre cloth!
Whilst these tips and tricks are great to use (if you have the time) sometimes it can be easier and less stressful to hire a professional who knows what they are doing and can help with the cleaning. Weather it be a Regular Cleaning Service or Spring Cleaning Service our Professional House Cleaners in Brisbane can help with any of your cleaning needs and use some of our handy tips along the way.